Telephone Nurse Triage: A Solution to Healthcare Providers
In an effort to explore relevant, distinct, and innovative strategies for survival, many healthcare organizations may be overlooking a secret weapon embedded in the telehealth marketplace that is overflowing with proven solutions to the tribulations keeping leadership up at night.
A fully optimized telephone nurse triage service line that is highly visible to patients is a service that provides invaluable benefits to healthcare providers.
A Quick Overview of How Nurse Triage Provide Solutions to Demands
- The tangible foundation is a technological infrastructure encompassing a unified contact center telephony system that seamlessly integrates with the patient’s electronic medical record; these two systems working in tandem foster an exchange of essential information that produces results regarding patient care coordination. Additionally, a seamless system aids in forecasting and defining trends and identifying the vulnerable populations most at risk for poor outcomes.
- Passionate triage nurses are essential to deploying 24/7 on-demand patient care. They are prepared and waiting by their call center phone to offer evidence-based clinical guidance to patients in need.
- Clinical guidelines are the maps that help support triage nurses in their role to prove an appropriate level of care to patients. Patients with acute symptoms will receive care quicker than patients with lesser acute symptoms. Guidelines augment years dedicated to indispensable bedside care and the impressive by-product of critical thinking skills and a well-honed talent priceless nursing judgment. Here lies the likelihood of reliable, consistent outcomes.
The solid nurse triage model is solid and strong, thoughtfully designed and constructed, built to survive and manned by highly trained individuals specially chosen, and have professed a commitment to patients they serve.
Survival has never been more difficult for healthcare systems. As the healthcare industry continues to face regulations, reimbursements, patient compliance, global competition obstacles, nurse triage services should be considered.
Nurse Triage Services Help Conquer Healthcare Organizations Obstacles
- Constant access to clinical care
- Improved health outcomes
- Coordinated care 24/7 – especially those at the highest risk
- Interdisciplinary Collaboration and Communication
- Appropriate utilization of facilities such as the ED
- Prudent utilization of talent and caregivers
- Value – for the consumer-patient and the healthcare organization
- Sustainability and Growth
- Exceeding expectations and developing loyalty
Strategically positioned, nurse triage services can support the continuum of patient care. With the right strategic leadership and clinically sound operations, nurse triage services are clinical firepower that provides an abundance of benefits: constant access to care, elimination of delays in care, conservatively utilize resources, improve patient engagement and satisfy caregivers.
Nurse triage services should have a formidable presence throughout the continuum of care and should be considered and recognized as a viable contender to face-to-face patient care.
One thing is for sure: Having a telephone nurse triage service line is no longer optional – it is essential.